Tuesday 3 April 2007

Swearing!

I personally swear without even realising that i am!! I do it so much when I'm with my friends but weirdly enough it never slips out when I'm with my parents, Even though I'm 20 this year they still don't like me swearing.


But in society it is a bad thing because;


  • You don't walk round going "Shit shit fuck cunt bastard" well some do. But they just think it makes them look hard! When really people laugh at them!

  • In your job you don't swear n front of you customers.

  • You don't teach your children to swear.

  • You can get arrested for swearing on the streets.

  • You wouldn't just walk past someone and swear at them or put your finger up to them!!!

So all these points suggest its not an accepted thing, people do it to get a reputation. There was a girl in my school who every other word was a swear word, I think it was her way of looking hard and flirting. It didn't suit her at first but then after a while it did!!


Swearing is mostly used if you trip up! Or if you just are angry, this can be slightly accepted in your own private space but not on the streets.


But how can we get rid of this 'Hard looking swearing' Stereotype when its constantly being reinforced in films. Again with films like Football factory, these men are hard you wouldn't want to pick a fight with them, Hence the swearing!!

No comments: